Thursday 1 August 2019

Jawad Al-Fajr ● Horse of Dawn

Title: jawad al fajr
Munshid: Muhsin Ad-Dusiri

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/487319115" params="color=#ff0000&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&show_teaser=true&visual=true" width="100%" height="300" iframe="true" /]

Lyrics and Translation


جواد الفجر قد حمحم

The horses of dawn have neighed

وشد لجامه مسلم

And a Muslim has tightened his reigns

كوجه البدر مؤتلقا كرمح النصر منطلقا

Shining like the face of the moon, salient as the spear of victory

كموج غاضب غضبا يعم الأرض مضطربا

Furious like a tide, roaming the earth blindly in distress

ينادي فديت يا مسجد

He calls, I am sacrifice to you oh mosque

انا درع لمن وحد

I am shield to everyone who has [accepted God's] unity

انا النار على العادي

I am fire for the enemy

انا الرشاش للفادي

I am the machine gun for the sacrificing

انا من شعشعت شمسي على يومي على امسي

I am one radiated his sun over his day and past

فلا اغفو ولا اخشى

I do not ease off, nor fear

وضوئي يبصر الأعشى

My light makes the most obscure eve seeing

انا بالله كم اقوى

How strong I am with Allah

بحب الله والتقوى

With the love of Allah and Taqwa

ُجواد الفجر عدّاء

The horse of dawn is running

له ضبح وايرااااء

He has a morning's light and [the potential] to make see

سنابكه من العنبر

His toes are of of amber

يفوح أريجها أعطَر

His smell scent the best

من المسك من الأذخر

of musk and camel's hay

كان برهجها الأزهر

His the most prosperous with his dust

كان بعرفه الألماس

Like a diamond with his customs

قوي قلبه حساس

Strong, though his heart is sensitive

اذا ما ثار بين الناس

When he springs up among the people

فخاض روائع الاحساس

He incurs the most amazing feelings

3 comments:

  1. I love your Nasheed translations so much. My favourite one has to be Sawfa Nabka huna. When I found the Nasheed on your blog you have no idea how thrilled I was. I love that Nasheed because it's one of my Father's favourites.
    Also it just so happened that when I found your blog at the time, my Dad had set me the challenge of memorising the whole Nasheed.
    It's safe to say I know it all now, but it's all thanks to your blog. So thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All praise is due to Allah. I am glad this blog could serve your interests. May we all benefit from what we learn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abu qatada al afriki9 Oct 2019, 03:26:00

    Masha Allah, definitely one of my favourite nasheeds

    ReplyDelete

Ey Anacan Ağlama

Ey enecan ağlama gitsem sengere sari şul yoldan başka yollar bulmaz derdime deri Merdi pur hüner bulin münhedimi şer bulin Vakian ümmet be...